How the Bend Venture Conference Works
At BVC, there are three competition categories – Impact and Growth and Early Stage, with three to five finalists (companies) selected in each category. Applicant companies for all categories can be located anywhere in the United States.
IMPACT COMPETITION: Companies applying to the Impact category:
- Are for-profit enterprises that can be pre- or post-revenue, but are still early in the evolution of their business.
- Have a social and/or environmental mission integrated into their business model such that it is a core competency and not an “add-on.”
- Companies should be aiming to generate long-term enterprise value and attractive returns on capital.
Impact Application Process
- 2022 Company Applications will be accepted from July 13th through Tuesday, August 16 2022.
- Applications need to be submitted through GUST here when the application is out.
- Screening for finalists. Once all applications are received in Gust, BVC investors select three to five Impact companies deemed to have the most feasible and compelling business plans.
- Due diligence of finalists. After the three to five Impact companies are notified of their selection to present, volunteers and investors from the BVC Impact, LLC begin a comprehensive due diligence review that is completed during the six weeks leading up to the conference. Investor leads will host a series of interviews and meetings with each company and report back strengths and weaknesses to the larger investing committee. At the conference, each Impact company has eight minutes to present to the audience, followed by Q&A.
Impact Category Timeline
July 13, 2022
Applications open to present at BVC
August 16, 2022
Last day for applying companies to submit their application
September 21 & 28, 2022
Weekly Due Diligence meetings occur with the BVC Impact, LLC investors
October 5, 2022
Three to five finalist Impact companies are announced
October 20 – 21, 2022
BVC rehearsal, seminars, reception, and competition. The BVC will be held at the Tower Theatre in downtown Bend.