How the BVC Competition Works
At BVC, there are three competition categories – Growth Stage, Impact and Early Stage, with three to five finalists (companies) selected in each category. Applicant companies for all categories can be located anywhere in the United States.
Companies applying in the growth stage competition typically:
- Have a proven concept;
- Have generated initial revenues;
- Are prepared to scale quickly with investment.
All applicants, regardless of whether or not they are a finalist, have the opportunity to receive feedback from the investor group. Growth Stage finalists could collect $250,000* or more.
Companies applying to the Impact competition:
- Are for-profit enterprises that can be pre- or post-revenue, but are still early in the evolution of their business.
- Have a social and/or environmental mission integrated into their business model such that it is a core competency and not an “add-on.”
- Companies should be aiming to generate long-term enterprise value and attractive returns on capital.
All applicants, regardless of whether or not they are a finalist, have the opportunity to receive feedback from the investor group. The winner of this category could receive an investment of $50,000*.
Companies applying in the early stage competition typically:
- Have a great idea, and are close to “proof of concept;”
- Are pre, or very early, revenue;
- Are in the process of testing their product in the market.
All applicants, regardless of whether or not they are a finalist, have the opportunity to receive feedback from the investor group. The winner of this category could be awarded a minimum $30,000* investment, courtesy of Portland Seed Fund.
**The Top 10 Growth Stage, Early Stage and Impact semi-finalist companies will receive one complimentary ticket to attend the conference (access to all portions of the conference, noted under the EDCO Member Ticket). Finalists will also receive one additional complimentary ticket. All other applicants are entitled to a free virtual Bend Venture Conference ticket or may apply a $125 credit towards the amount of an upgraded conference ticket. Application fees are non-refundable.**
Sign up HERE to get the latest entrepreneur news and info, including Bend Venture Conference and EDCO’s Central Oregon PubTalk.
*Bend Venture Conference cannot guarantee that investments will be made in any specific amount, because the final amounts to be awarded are dependent on investment commitments received from third-party investors and the ability of the winning companies and the investors to agree on the terms and conditions of the investment.